Sinus Headache Relief
Each individual may have already experienced headache at one point or another. It can be a ceaseless and annoying throbbing pain and this can affect your daily activities. However, it can be more disturbing if the headache comes with cold, stuffy nose and a heavy head. This condition is known as sinus headache. This is when the sinuses are blocked and this is what triggers the headache. However, with this condition, you should know that you could always find a sinus headache relief to reduce the pain and alleviate all the other symptoms of sinus headache. There are natural remedies and medications that you can opt for to help you deal with your condition.
Remedies for Sinus Headache
- One effective sinus headache relief that you can opt for is sinus drainage. The heaviness of your head can aggravate the headache. To prevent this, you have to clear your sinuses and eliminate mucus buildup. The best way to do this is to opt for a steam therapy. When you perform steam inhalation, the steam can melt the mucus buildup that held up your sinuses. Inhaling steam for several minutes can help clear your sinuses, thus relieving headache due to sinusitis.
- Another remedy for this condition is the use of hot and cold compress alternately. Simply apply hot compress on the affected area for at least 10 minutes and then replace it with cold compress for about three minutes. This method can help open up your sinuses, drain mucus and relieve sinus headache.
- If you want to relieve your sinus headache without consulting a physician, you can simply buy over the counter decongestants. Intake of this type of medication can provide you with temporary relief against your sinus condition and alleviate the pain due to the headache.
- If you are frequently suffering from sinus problems and you want to have a permanent sinus headache relief, you have to make some changes on your diet. You also have to know that there are certain foods that can increase the production of mucus and these foods should be avoided when suffering from sinus problems. For your diet, it has to contain lots of foods that are rich in vitamin C. this vitamin is helpful in boosting the body’s immune system and in enhancing its function. If you have a strong immune system, your body can fight off almost all types of infections including sinus infection. If you do not want to relieve your sinus condition using medications because of its side effects, then you have to make sure that you are eating the right types of foods, avoid the foods that can trigger sinus problems or can worsen the condition and keep yourself hydrated to thin the mucus and promote proper drainage. This will help eliminate mucus buildup, thus relieving pain due to sinus headache.
- Eucalyptus and peppermint oil are considered as one of the best home remedies against sinus headache. When doing steam inhalation, simply add these essential oils to the steam before inhaling it to make it even more effective against congestion and for faster relief against sinus headache.
- If you are unaware of it, then you should know that eating spicy foods is another effective sinus headache relief. Consumption of spicy foods has great effects on the body, as it can increase the amount of secretions, thus making the mucus free flowing and preventing it from clogging the sinuses. Because of this, it will be easier for you to relieve headache since there is no sinus pressure due to mucus buildup.
- Also considered as an effective relief against sinus headache are herbal teas and hot soups that should be consumed along with your meals or before going to bed and upon waking up in the morning. Just like ginger tea and peppermint tea, these are helpful in getting rid of sinus conditions as well as sinus headache.
- Another simple home remedy for sinus headache is nasal irrigation. This method can be done easily using a neti pot. Simply pour a saline solution, water and salt, into the pot and then pour the solution into your nostril through the pot’s stout and let the solution flush out mucus buildup to relieve congestion and pressure buildup, thus relieving sinus headache.
- Keeping yourself physically active is also an effective sinus headache relief. Working out for at least 30 minutes can help relieve headache as well as congestion and sinus pressure.
Take note that mild sinus headache conditions can be relieved easily with a sinus headache relief. It is true that the symptoms of sinus headache can make it difficult for you to perform your daily activities so this condition has to be prevented. In case your sinus headache condition is severe and the pain is unbearable, make sure that you consult your physician immediately. This is to determine the cause of the condition and for the administration of the most suitable treatment option to relieve the symptoms and prevent it from worsening.